Make your life a little easier....
I really thought that, by the time I became a grandma, my life would be slow, relaxed, maybe a little mundane but certainly tranquil. I had certainly created sweet, though fictional, cameos in the recesses of my mind: of curling up in a cozy little nook to read for hours, cooking fragrant cupcakes and biscuits in my well-designed kitchen and preparing for the occasional visits from grandchildren, pottering around for hours in picturesque craft and novelty shops as I searched for unique and enthralling gifts and crafts. Ha! Little did I know that this part of my life would become, arguably, my busiest!
Does your life resemble mine?
With so much happening in my life, I look for any tools that will enable me to handle the myriad of roles and challenges that now are an everyday part my life. But, I've discovered Evernote.. have you? I know that there are many apps and programs that provide assistance and fulfill many of today's needs. But Evernote pulls so many into just one app. I really don't have to think.. I just open Evernote. Check out some of these uses:
2. Schedule reminders. This is really helpful and helps me remember appointment times and when I should be leaving home.
3.Checklist for shopping. Yes, I know there are many shopping apps available but this keeps all of my information in one convenient spot.
5.Gift list and ideas. I can keep track of gift ideas and suggestions for all my family and friends as well as birthday information.
6.Keep grandchildren's art. Snap a photo of the artwork of your grandchildren and keep it safe in Evernote.
8.Maintain your own fitness journal in Evernote. There's no excuse for neglecting your health and maintaining a fitness journal is a great motivation, too.
9. Create a 'Honey-do' list and share it with your partner. It's a great way of methodically working through those tasks that are always overlooked or put aside til later.
11. Track your finances. Set up a spreadsheet in Evernote for your recording your finances. You can also take a photo or scan your receipts.
12. Insurance Policies. Keep all of your important records and documentation, like insurance policies, in one place, Evernote, and they're easily retrieved.
14. Genealogy. Create a notebook and record family details, scan old photos and documents, record interviews and store any other records you may obtain as you research your genealogy.
These are just some of the suggestions and ideas I've come across for using Evernote to make life run a little more smoothly. What other ways do you use it? Please add them in the comments below.